All students can learn and succeed, but not on the same day in the same way(William Gasped). So, that’s mean there never was and probably never will be a method for all…Teachers need many approaches to meet their goals with a diverse population of students. A single approach is not a solution, so teachers have to select the eclectic approach that best suits the objectives and goals.
Study after study shows the single most important factor determines the quality of the education a child receives is the quality of his teacher(Great Schools Staff). What makes a great teacher? Teaching is one of the most complicated jobs today .it It demands broad knowledge of a subject matter, curriculum, enthusiasm, a caring attitude, and love of learning, knowledge of discipline and classroom management techniques, it’s a desire to make a difference in the lives of young students.
Based on what I have mentioned, my approach is a set of static principles. Thus the interaction between my approach and my practices is the key in the classroom, by trying new activities here and there.
Communicative learning approach is the best approach that I realized it, so that matches my views of teaching because it emphasizes communication through interaction in the target language. It also introduces authentic texts into the learning situation and provides opportunities for learners to focus not only on language but also on the learning process itself.it enhances the student's centered, by his own personal experience as important contributing elements to classroom learning. Moreover, this approach connects classroom language learning with language activation and field outside the class.
On the other hand, to make the students happy and satisfied with a lesson, it is required to produce a calm class without stress and developed the integrated lesson plans. It is essential for students to love their teacher so in this way, the student will communicate and share better. All of this can be achieved through a cooperative learning structure which is very effective in creating a safe environment.
Furthermore, what and how much is learned is influenced by pupil motivation which is vital in language learning. It makes language learners positive about their own learning and it creates the drive-in to acquire the target language, enjoy learning and experience real communication. Furthermore, experience of success and satisfaction has a strong connection with motivation because by realizing their improvement and achievements, students always gain the feeling of success which makes them motivated to their l2.
In fact, all students are unique they are all intelligent and must have a stimulating educational environment where they can grow physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. It is a desire to create this type of atmosphere where students can meet their full potential. I will provide a safe environment where students are invited to share their ideas and take risks.
I believe that five essential elements are conducive to learning. First, the teacher's role is to act as a guide. Second, students must have access to hands-on activities. Third, Students should be able to have choices and let their curiosity direct their learning. Fourth, students need the opportunity to practice skills in safe environments. Fifth; Technology must be incorporated into the school day.
Every classroom has its own unique community, my role as the teacher will be to assist each child in developing their own potential and learning style. Also, I will incorporate hands-on learning, cooperative learning, projects, themes, and individual work that engage and activate students learning.
The teacher is morally obligated to enter the classroom with only the highest of expectations for each and every one of her students. Thus the teacher maximizes the positive benefits that naturally come along with any self-fulfilling prophecy, with dedication, perseverance, and hard work, her students will rise the occasion.
Strategies should be taken into consideration during teaching. I will use strategies to ensure out classroom community will flourish. Strategies like the morning meeting, positive vs. negative discipline, classroom jobs, and problem-solving skills.
Teaching is a learning process, learning from your students, colleagues, parents and the community. This lifelong process where you learn new strategies, new ideas, and new philosophies may change, and that s okay. That just means that I have grown, and learned new things.
I would also light on the fact of that both fluency and accuracy are important goals in teaching a language. At the beginning levels, students need to practice freely and openly without the fear of being corrected at every minor flow. To achieve fluency, attention to accuracy should only center on the particular grammatical, phonological, or discourse elements that are being practiced and the role of the teacher here is to create the perfect balance between both.
I will also focus, at the beginning levels, on meaning and not correctness by enabling pupils to write, listen, draw and speak according to their abilities without correcting each and every mistake. Thus, my main focus is going to be on the process and values of the work and not on the accuracy of the language.
I will be aware that my students learn differently. Some students are visual receptive, some are motor receptive and others are audio receptive, so I will choose the most appropriate activity to meet all of them. Also, I will provide models and examples to maximize learning. Furthermore, I believe that repetition and reinforcement are very important in learning. While; the weak students a range of extra class work and cooperate with their parents to help them. And also, I will be patient with all the students and especially with weak students.
I aim to bring an open mind, a positive attitude, and high expectations to the classroom each day. I believe that I owe it to my students, as well as the community, to bring consistency, diligence, and warmth to my job in the hope that I can ultimately inspire and encourage such traits in the children as well.
My Educational Journey
My educational journey started at the age of three and a half. At that time, I demanded on starting school. My cousins and I held our school backs and cried because they didn’t allow us to attend. This memory inspires my parents to register me in school at this age. My father had a deal with the principle of Al- Manahel School and he guaranteed that on the off chance that I didn’t continue with other children, he will let me go back home. At that point, my needs were met and I began my journey at school.
My educational journey started at the age of three and a half. At that time, I demanded on starting school. My cousins and I held our school backs and cried because they didn’t allow us to attend. This memory inspires my parents to register me in school at this age. My father had a deal with the principle of Al- Manahel School and he guaranteed that on the off chance that I didn’t continue with other children, he will let me go back home. At that point, my needs were met and I began my journey at school.
I remained at that school until grade nine and the only instructors who held a momentous spot on my mind were my English and Science instructors. I always mention that the only teachers whom I still remember the names of from KG1 until my final year in school are the English instructors since they were all enthusiastic, motivating and considerate.
In addition to that, I was excellent within the English and Science sessions and I continuously got one of the highest grades in them.
After I succeeded within the brevet official exam, I moved to Al- Manara official school where I attended for three years. I chose the Life Science section in grade eleven. While in grade twelve, I registered in the Social and Economicsectionand I exceeded expectations in the scientific subjects.
To continue, my parents have always said that I will be a teacher. At first, I preferred to be a biology teacher, so I had studied biology for two years. However I felt very tired and depressed, so I demanded to be an English instructor since I’m the sort of understudy who likes to center on the teacher’s clarification and understanding things in the lesson without coming back domestic and investing a parcel of time studying. Also, scientific major requires a part of considering part of the analysis, so I didn’t envision myself in that I can continue to the end.
My first step towards being an educator was when I entered LIU as, to begin with, year TESL student so I registered. I went through three years in this major and I truly discover myself a completely distinctive individual presently. I feel like I have created my way of learning, I have ended up mindful of how an exceptional and compelling instructor looks like and I have come to the level of mindfulness and development that an effective instructor must-have.
Additionally, my love for teaching and learning to teach more about it will never stop and that’s why I’ll always keep working harder and harder to educate myself and to offer a better education to my students. Lastly, I’ll continue the inspirational journey that has started at LIU to reach higher levels of education.
Spending three years at university, encountering different situations and experiencing being a teacher as part of this book enabled me to highlight my major points of strengths and weaknesses, and learn from others' errors.
No comments:
Post a Comment